The weather sirens in Butler County are activated when:
- Receiving a tornado warning from the National Weather Service in all or any portion of Butler County.
- Receiving notification from the National Weather Service for all or any portion of Butler County of a doppler indicated tornado cell.
- Receiving notification from a credible source to include Law Enforcement Officials, Fire and EMS Officials, Emergency Management Officials, National Weather Service Spotters, or numerous calls from the public in a specific area.
- Any Police Chief, Fire Chief, Butler County Sheriff, or Emergency Management Director or their designee's has the authority to activate the county-wide tornado alert system with credible information or actual eye-witness sighting.
- All tornado sirens will be activated the first Wednesday of each month at 12:00 p.m. by each responsible dispatch center for the purpose of testing the sirens.